Community

What Gretsch are you playing?

This forum is for open public discussion of all things Gretsch® and general music-related subjects.

Re: What Gretsch are you playing?

Postby danopus21 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:14 am

I'm about to buy a G6122 country classic II but I don't really can find the specs and features about that guitar.
What is the difference between a Country gentleman II and a Country Classic II for example ?
danopus21

Postby Gallup_n_Johnny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey y'all!

I'm playing two Gretsch 5120's (One orange-125th anny- and a black one) both self-fitted with TVJones pickups. LOVE these guitars, and with the TvJones', they play, feel and sound JUST like the expensive ones...for a third of the price. I'm running them through either my 62' Tremolux Head and cab, 59' Bassman reissue, or my Blues Jr (laquored tweed). Love their sound, feel, tone. But I would't fight you if you made me take a White Falcon! Haha! Cheers!
Gallup_n_Johnny

Postby Rhumba » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:13 am

Hi folks, this is my Gretsch hollow body, sorry Ive taken so long to come back but anyway, this guitar has a beautiful tone, nice action, very playable and great price too. A joy to play. :D

Rhumba

Postby vcartier » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:38 pm

I am sold on my 6119 Chet Atkins Tennessee Rose™I It fills in nicely...
vcartier

Postby NJessup » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 pm

Here is My White Falcon lacquer finish, Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y99NT2XLTfI
NJessup

Postby BeatleChris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 am

Jukebox wrote:Ok, so , we have a new forum, with new members. So what Gretsch are you playing?

Myself, I''m down to two, the basic 'vette and a 6120Jr. I would post pictures but the attachment wasn't working right , yet!

I have a Black Gretsch G5120 Electromatic modified with TV Jones classic pickups. Even though this model is considered a lower end model, the new pickups make this guitar sound awesome. :D
BeatleChris

Postby BeatleChris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:52 am

BeatleChris wrote:
Jukebox wrote:Ok, so , we have a new forum, with new members. So what Gretsch are you playing?

Myself, I''m down to two, the basic 'vette and a 6120Jr. I would post pictures but the attachment wasn't working right , yet!

I have a Black Gretsch G5120 Electromatic modified with TV Jones classic pickups. Even though this model is considered a lower end model, the new pickups make this guitar sound awesome. :D

By the way I play my guitar through a VOX Valvetronix set on the AC15 with a clean tone.
BeatleChris

Postby waxboy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Orange 5120
waxboy

Postby Keysbs » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

1966 Tennessean (6119). Original plastic-knobbed tuning keys broke within about a year so I replaced them with Schaller heads (still working). Hated the original HiLoTrons. Was living in Los Angeles and a friend at a guitar shop said there was guy in Santa Barbara who just got back from England and was hand-winding pickups; said he'd put some new ones on my Tenny. I sent the guitar up the coast and it came back with a pair of mid-seventies Seymour Duncans, wrapped in electrical tape. Never knew what happened to the original HiLoTrons - I guess Seymour kept them. Wish I knew then about "collectibility" but the Duncan pickups are still going strong. I'm thinking about buying some re-issue HiLoTrons to hear how they sound. Opinions?
Keysbs

Postby PozzSka » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:09 am

I have an Orange 5120 and a Solid body of some kind (it doesn't look like the DuoJet's listed on the gretsch website, nor does it look like the JetPro's listed on the website...) I'll have to get a picture taken...

Here's the 5120 and my little practice rig (custom cabinet by Lopoline and a Kustom 5W tube amp)
PozzSka

PreviousNext

Return to The Gretsch® Lounge