G6131T-MY Malcolm Young Signature Jet™, Ebony Fingerboard, Natural
|Number of Strings||6|
|Body Material||Chambered Mahogany|
|Body Binding||Aged White|
|Body Depth||2" (51 mm)|
|Neck Shape||Standard "U"|
|Neck Binding||Aged White|
|Scale Length||24.6" (625 mm)|
|Fingerboard Radius||12" (305 mm)|
|Number of Frets||22|
|Nut Width||1.6875" (42.86 mm)|
|Position Inlays||Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail|
|Bridge Pickup||TV Jones® Power'Tron™|
|Controls||Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone|
|Tuning Machines||Schaller® Diecast|
|Strings||NPS, .010-.046 Gauges|
Coming November 2018.
Gretsch honors the late Malcolm Young, whose rock-solid rhythm guitar swagger and songwriting provided the unshakeable foundation for monumental rock titans AC/DC.
The G6131-MY pays homage to Young’s famously battle-hardened Gretsch Jet. Nicknamed “The Beast,” Malcolm certainly made the instrument his own, not least by removing two of the three pickups, stripping away the finish, and pounding out some of the hardest and most memorable rhythms the world has heard.
This models features the essential hallmarks of one of rock’s most iconic instruments including “DIY” pickup routes with simulated screw holes, chrome switch plugs, Space-Control™ bridge and ‘60s-style tailpiece. Open-cavity thunder roars from the thin-skin satin finished chambered mahogany body and is magnified by a high-output TV Jones® Power’Tron™ pickup.
Malcolm Young’s fiery rock ‘n’ roll spirit lives on through AC/DC’s enduringly timeless music, and it is Gretsch’s great privilege to pay fitting tribute to him with a finely crafted instrument bearing his name.
- “DIY” pickup routes with simulated screw holes
- Chrome switch plugs
- TV Jones® Power’Tron™ bridge pickup
- Double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- Aged-white binding
- Bound ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and Neo-Classic™ thumbnails
- Gretsch '60s Jet™ tailpiece
- Space-Control™ bridge, bone nut and Schaller® die-cast tuners
- Available in Aged Natural stain with black back and sides
- Thin-skin semi-gloss finish for a true “tour-worn” feel